Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm in LOVE with Santiago...no Santiago is not another man

Streets lined with tall trees, buildings rising high into the sky, pedestrians walking swiftly...Mi querido Santiago. I love this city. "Sanhattan", they call a part of it, because of it's similarity with Manhattan. I have never been to Manhattan, but I can imagine liking it.
Santiago is filled with sky scrapers, people, and cars. The city boasts everything you could possibly imagine just a few blocks away from where you live. It is wonderful. Everyone has somewhere to go and there are so many people walking everywhere. I love it.
There are parts of Santiago that are so relaxed and actually quite safe. I love the high rise apartment buildings. We drive down the streets of Providencia, one of the nicer parts of Santiago and I fall in love. The streets are lined with trees that create tunnels for the streets. The trees create so much shade for the pedestrians and automobiles. We are staying with our friend, Jose's mom and she lives in the cutest neighborhood: Las Condes. I love it as well. It resides in the middle of the city, yet it is isolated from the downtown and doesn't seem so busy. I find it a wonderful place to live.

Downtown also has it's unique beauty. It's not as high end and safe, but it is still spectacular. The Palacio de la Moneda, or in other words, the Presidential palace, El Estacion Central, or in other words, Central Station are filled with people and life.

I already told Cesar that we should buy an apartment here someday...
January 21, 2009*


No comments: